The Lewisham Awards, Auckland's hospitality Oscars, went off Vegas style in the weekend.
The awards, established 15 years ago, are named in honour of colourful hospitality entrepreneur Richard Lewisham who helped establish the modern day eating and drinking scene in the ‘City of Sails’.
The Lewisham’s recognise the finest restaurants, bars, suppliers and people for their outstanding contributions to hospitality. Each year the hospo community nominate and vote for their heroes.
Head of Schemes and Affinity Jason Harkness has the pleasure of awarding the Crombie Lockwood ‘Outstanding Waiter’ to Vicky Pethybridge (Prego).
Following the ceremony the restaurant association threw the party of the year. Guests were treated to a live band, DJ, drinks and delicious food. It was an exceptional night of talent, fun and celebration.
2016 Lewisham Awards Winners
• Fine Food NZ Outstanding Caterer - Mint Kitchen Catering
• Menumate Outstanding New Venue - Saan
• ResDiary Outstanding Local - Conch Bar & Kitchen
• Angostura Outstanding Bartender - Joey Lai (saan)
• Bidvest Outstanding Street Food - The Lucky Taco
• Spark Business Outstanding Supplier - Red & White Cellar
• Aotearoa Fisheries Emerging Talent - Shaaz Croft (The Blue Breeze Inn)
• EuroVintage Outstanding Wine List - Apero Food & Wine
• L'affare Outstanding Coffee Establishment/Barista - Kokako Café
• Beam Suntory Outstanding Bar - Xuxu Dumpling Bar
• OneMusic Outstanding Establishment - Depot
• Negociants Outstanding Wine Service Professional - Andy Gladding (The French Café)
• Crombie Lockwood Outstanding Waiter - Vicky Pethybridge (Prego)
• Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Sales Rep - Ben Longhurst (EuroVintage)
• General Digital Outstanding Maitre d - Ismo Koski (Apero Food & Wine)
• Gilmours Outstanding Chef - Ben Bayly (The Grove Restaurant)
• Pernod Ricard Outstanding Restaurateur - Sid Sahrawat (Sidart)
• Moet Hennessy Outstanding Hospitality Personality - Damaris Coulter (Coco's Cantina)